<$BlogPageTitle$> <$BlogMetaData$>

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

"I just forged ahead"

The Toronto Sun reports on a new documentary about Trinidad-born writer Ramabai Espinet (whose most recent book was the novel The Swinging Bridge), made by Trinidadian-Canadian filmmaker Frances-Anne Solomon, which premieres this weekend.

"I think Frances-Anne did a wonderful job documenting my journey back to Trinidad," says Espinet, who also teaches Caribbean and Women's Studies at the University of Toronto. "I've always felt like I live in two places at the same time. I see both as a continuum not two separate places and Frances-Anne has managed to capture that in the documentary. She was able to see the connection between the homeland and the Diaspora within myself."

Any SFC regulars in Toronto this weekend, check it out Saturday or Sunday on Rogers Omni 1 Television.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home